EDUC5761 The Education Profession II
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Non-standard teaching period UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit provides the opportunity for reading in a field not otherwise available during the semester. All unit proposals require the approval of the unit coordinator.
- Students are able to analyse and demonstrate a high-level understanding of a research journal article.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) preliminary outline and (2) a 5000-word assignment on a topic set by the lecturer supervising the student's reading. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Mark Pegrum
- Contact hours
- reading and conference sessions: 25 hours
- Unit Outline
- Semester 1_2019 [SEM-1_2019]
- A student may only enrol in this unit once.
To be advised by the supervising lecturer.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.