EDUC5761 The Education Profession II
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit provides the opportunity for reading in a field not otherwise available during the semester. All unit proposals require the approval of the unit coordinator.
- Students are able to analyse and demonstrate a high-level understanding of a research journal article.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) preliminary outline and (2) a 5000-word assignment on a topic set by the lecturer supervising the student's reading. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Mark Pegrum
- Contact hours
- reading and conference sessions: 25 hours
- A student may only enrol in this unit once.
To be advised by the supervising lecturer.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.