ELEC5552 Electrical and Electronic Engineering Design Project 2
- 6 points
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- The project is a capstone experience in which students integrate and apply knowledge and skills acquired in earlier units to a substantial real-world design challenge relevant to their discipline. Students work in teams, typically with four to six members, and are supervised by an academic and/or industry mentor. Teams are responsible for managing their project as well as reporting against milestones and preparing the necessary design documentation. The academic objectives of the project are to lead students through a systematic engineering design and synthesis process and to better prepare them for professional practice as engineers. The focus of the unit is the delivery of outcomes to a professional standard.
- Students are able to (1) apply engineering synthesis and design processes relevant to electrical and electronic engineering; (2) seek out the requirements and associated resources to assess the scope, dimensions, scale of effort and indicative costs of a complex engineering project; (3) apply technical knowledge, appropriate tools and problem-solving skills to achieve a desired outcome to satisfy user requirements; (4) apply project management tools and processes to the planning and execution of a design project; (5) demonstrate ethical conduct and professional accountability; (6) critically analyse design inputs, processes and outputs; (7) locate and apply relevant standards, regulations, and technical literature; (8) use discourse conventions relevant to the discipline; (9) communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately using written, oral and visual means; and (10) contribute to and/or manage a complex engineering project activity, as a member and/or leader of an engineering team.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) presentation(s); (2) project reports; and (3) professional conduct. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Dilusha Silva
- Unit rules
- ELEC5551 Electrical and Electronic Engineering Design Project 1
- Unit Outline
- Semester 2_2019 [SEM-2_2019]
- This unit will be offered in semester two only from 2017 onwards.
Semester 1 offering is only available in exceptional circumstances and requires special approval in 2017 only.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.