FINA5888 Topics in Finance 2
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Non-standard teaching period UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit aims to give students an appreciation of a current issue of relevance to finance professionals. The actual topic is usually the specialty of a distinguished visiting scholar.
- Students are able to (1) discuss issues of current relevance to finance professionals; (2) explain how the current issues covered in the unit impact the functional areas of finance covered in the
core units; and (3) develop research skills to investigate the current and future issues confronting finance professionals.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) assignments; (2) participation; and (3) examination. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Patrick Kedemos
- Unit rules
- Contact hours
- lectures/seminars/workshops: up to 3 hours per week
- Unit Outline
- Semester 1_2019 [SEM-1_2019]
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.