IMED5816 Thesis Research (full-time)
- 48 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit represents the equivalent of two semesters of full-time study towards a final thesis. Students can commence the unit in either Semester 1 or Semester 2. It is designed to suit a range of health professionals who seek to pursue in depth a particular area of research interest. The thesis demonstrates knowledge in a chosen area of study, the associated research methods and scholarly reporting. It also provides evidence of a general knowledge of the area through a literature review and may make a contribution to the area of study.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: final thesis. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Sandra Carr
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.