IMED5816 Thesis Research (full-time)
- 48 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit represents the equivalent of two semesters of full-time study towards a final thesis. Students can commence the unit in either Semester 1 or Semester 2. It is designed to suit a range of health professionals who seek to pursue in depth a particular area of research interest. The thesis demonstrates knowledge in a chosen area of study, the associated research methods and scholarly reporting. It also provides evidence of a general knowledge of the area through a literature review and may make a contribution to the area of study.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: final thesis. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Sandra Carr
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.