IMED5832 Interprofessional Education
- 6 points
|Not available in 2020||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit focuses on developing skills in planning and delivering effective interprofessional education.
- Students are able to (1) discuss the principles of, and rationale for, interprofessional education; (2) critique the evidence for interprofessional education; (3) identify barriers and facilitators to interprofessional education; (4) demonstrate how to design effective interprofessional education; (5) develop effective assessment of interprofessional education; and (6) identify strategies to imbed interprofessional education into a curriculum.
- This comprises an assignment and a presentation. There are no formal examinations in this unit.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Gabrielle Brand
- Unit rules
- Advisable prior study:
- IMED5801 Principles of Teaching and Learning
|Approved quota: 20|
- Contact hours
- 2 full-day workshops followed by 10 hours divided between on-campus and off-campus activities throughout the semester
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.