MEMS5403 Research Project
- 12 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit comprises an individually supervised research project. Students consult with their supervisor on an individual basis.
- Students are able to (1) identify a research project; (2) carry out bibliographical research; (3) pursue original research; and (4) produce a clearly written, well-structured piece of original research.
- Assessment information is provided in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Andrew Lynch
- Contact hours
- negotiated with the supervisor
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.