MEMS5404 Individual Reading Contract
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- In this unit, students form a reading contract with an appropriate supervisor. Together, the student and supervisor isolate a major theme or topic and compile a reading program. It is expected that the program includes both extensive reading in primary sources of the medieval and early modern period and substantial secondary source reading in the area.
- Students are able to complete an individual research project, under supervision, on some aspects of interest in the medieval and early modern period.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: a 5000-word supervised research project. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Andrew Lynch
- Contact hours
- negotiated with the supervisor
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.