MGMT5606 Intercultural Professional Business Communications
- 6 points
|Not available in 2019||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit helps students to develop language and critical thinking skills appropriate for postgraduate level studies. Topics include cultural approaches to the role of ethics in business decision making and behaviour; multimedia spoken and written texts; culture, language and socialisation; communication between cultures; Hall and Hofstede's explanation of cultures; ethical theories and their applications; organisational cultures and ethical decisions.
- Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.