MGMT5613 Professional Business Research Practice
- 6 points
|Not available in 2019||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit helps students to develop their written and research skills. Students participate in both individual and team projects that develop the research process. Topics include methods of research; physical and electronic library use; data resourcing; referencing; plagiarism, Academic Conduct Essential, IRIS (Business); project structure; use of graphs, tables, figures and illustrations; ability to organise, analyse and synthesise competing views; and ability to argue and come to a conclusion.
- Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.