MKTG2305 Marketing Research
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Level 2 core unit in the Marketing major sequence
- The area of knowledge for this unit is Management and Commerce
- Category B broadening unit for students
- Level 2 elective
- This is an introductory unit in marketing research. It provides an overview of the marketing research process and familiarises students with fundamental concepts of marketing research and frequently encountered research topics and techniques used in marketing practice. More specifically, the unit covers formulating marketing research problem statements and objectives and writing a research report. Various research designs are examined, as well as associated data collection forms and data analysis techniques.
- Students are able to (1) demonstrate knowledge and skills in market research through study and research-based enquiry; (2) produce clear, specific, effective and succinct market research communications; (3) develop skills and knowledge to critically evaluate and devise solutions for marketing problems; (4) develop skills to complete individual tasks that contribute towards a team-based research project; (5) demonstrate self-management and independent learning skills; and (6) demonstrate personal awareness of the social and ethical impact of market research.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) tutorial participation; (2) examinations; and (3) research report. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit except in the case of a bachelor's pass degree student who has obtained a mark of 45 to 49 overall and is currently enrolled in this unit, and it is the only remaining unit that the student must pass in order to complete their course.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Gregory Brush
- Unit rules
- MKTG1203 Marketing Management; for pre-2012 courses: MKTG2203 Marketing Management,
MKTG2204 Consumer Behaviour
- MKTG3305 Marketing Research
- Contact hours
- lectures/tutorials/seminars/workshops: up to 3 hours per week
- Unit Outline
- Semester 1_2019 [SEM-1_2019]
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.