PHYS5512 Physics Reading Unit
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit meets the special needs for students to develop in-depth knowledge of a particular topic.
- Students are able to (1) demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the chosen topic and (2) develop skills in critical thinking about physical situations, problem solving and quantitative analysis.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) assignments; (2) tests; and (3) project report. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Jingbo Wang
- Unit rules
- completion of the core and complementary units for the Physics major
- Contact hours
- Weekly discussion sessions
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.