SRUR5322 Rural Specialisation—Service Learning Unit 3
- 6 points
|Not available in 2020||Rural and remote sites||Face to face|
- This unit delivers identical content and learning objectives to SMED5322 Service Learning Unit 3, but is completed with a rural service provider.
- Students are able to (1) display professional behaviour; (2) develop a reflective and evidence based approach to the service learning project offered by the host organisation; and (3) reflect on service work in relation to key MD outcomes.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) professional behaviour and attendance rating; (2) portfolio; and (3) project deliverables. Further information is available in the unit outline.
To pass this unit, a student must: (a) achieve an overall mark of 50 per cent or higher for the unit; and (b) achieve the requisite requirements(s) or a mark of 50 per cent or greater, whichever is higher and specified in the unit outline, for the professional behaviour and attendance rating component.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Denese Playford
- Unit rules
- IMED4221 Integrated Medical Practice 1
SRUR5312 Rural Specialisation—Service Learning Unit 2
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.