Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
will not have made satisfactory progress.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
13. Unless the Faculty on the recommendation of the Director of the Centre for Forensic Science approves otherwise, students must complete the units required under Rule 7 within four calendar years from the date of first enrolment in the combined course.
Submission of research proposal and thesis
14.(1) A student who is permitted to enrol in terms of Rule 4(a) must submit a full research proposal to the Board of the Graduate Research School no later than 31 October in the year of their commencement of candidature if enrolled full-time or within nine months of their date of commencement if enrolled part-time.
Qualification for award
15. A student who completes the units required under Rule 7 and completes the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy will qualify for the degrees of Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Forensic Science.