Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
(ii) for French, Italian, German, and Spanish, B2/C1 levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, for Japanese, Level N2/N3 at the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test),for Indonesian, Level 3 at the UKBI (Ujian Kemahiran Bahasa Indonesia) or Level 4 at the ISLPR (International Second Language Proficiency Ratings), and for Korean, Level 4 at the TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean).
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 12220 Graduate Certificate in Translation Studies (24 points)
- 12320 Graduate Diploma in Translation Studies (48 points)
- 12520 Master of Translation Studies (96 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Translation Studies course before completing it, but after fulfilling the requirements of a lesser award in the above sequence, may apply for the relevant award.
7.(1) The course consists of units to a total value of 96 points (maximum value) which includes conversion units to a value of 24 points, course core units and specialisation units. The course comprises the following specialisations:
- SP - CHNIN Chinese Interpreting
- SP-CHNSE Chinese
- SP-FRNCH French
- SP-GRMAN German
- SP-INDO Indonesian
- SP-ITALN Italian
- SP-JAPN Japanese
- SP-KORE Korean
- SP-SPAN Spanish
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
10.(1) Students who fail to make satisfactory progress under Rule 8 after being enrolled at the University for one or two semesters only are assigned a progress status of 'On Probation' by the Faculty.
(2) Unless the Faculty determines otherwise in exceptional circumstances, students who fail to make satisfactory progress under Rule 8 and who have been enrolled at the University for more than two semesters are assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' by the Faculty.
(3) Unless the Faculty determines otherwise in exceptional circumstances, students who have previously been allocated a progress status of 'Suspended' and fail again to make satisfactory progress under Rule 8 are assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' by the Faculty.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction