Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 30240 Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership (articulated) (24 points)
- 30580 Master of Education (48 points)
- 31650 Master of Educational Leadership (72 points)
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
Note: Students who intend to apply to articulate the diploma course with a relevant master's degree course or to seek partial credit towards one of the Faculty's master's degree courses must take account of the requirements for the relevant master's degree course when choosing their units.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
13. Students who wish to apply for entry to a relevant master's degree course of the Faculty by way of thesis and coursework must substitute EDUC5631 Approaches to Research for one option from Group A.