Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
(c) demonstrated adequate knowledge of each of the following: chemistry (at year 12 or tertiary level), mathematics (year 12 or tertiary level mathematics or statistics), microbiology (at tertiary level) and pharmacology (at tertiary level);
Admission ranking and selection
(b) an interview in which eligible applicants will be assessed based on the personal qualities considered desirable in pharmacists, with invitation to attend the interview based on Rule 4.(2), in alignment with the interview quota for the year;
Articulations and exit awards
- 51310 Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science (60 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Pharmacy course before completing it, but successfully completes all the units offered in the first academic year of the Masters of Pharmacy (51500) course (to a total value of 60pts), may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. Subject to Rule 2.(1), a student who does not pass units to a value of at least half the total points value of units for which they are enrolled, or who fails the same unit twice, will not have made satisfactory progress.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
(a) the Faculty will assign a progress status of 'On Probation' to a student who has failed to make satisfactory progress under Rule 8 but has been permitted to re-enrol in recognition of exceptional circumstances;
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
PHCY5601 Introduction to Pharmacy Practice
PHCY5618 Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Analysis
PHCY5610 Physical Pharmacy and Biopharmaceutics
PHCY5606 Foundations of Primary Care; or
Professional work experience
14. A minimum of 75 hours of approved work experience must be completed prior to trimester 2 (NSTP) as outlined in unit PHCY5000 Professional Work Experience.