Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 73250 Graduate Certificate in International Development (24 points)
- 73350 Graduate Diploma in International Development (48 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of International Development course before completing it, but after having completed 24 points at Level 4 or Level 5, including two core units, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Certificate in International Development.
(3) A student who withdraws from the Master of International Development course before completing it, but after having completed 48 points at Level 4 or Level 5, including two core units, and at least two specialisation units, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Diploma in International Development.
7.(1) The course consists of units to a total value of 96 points (maximum value) which includes conversion units to a value of 24 points, course core units and specialisation units. The course comprises the following specialisations:
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
(a) a 70 per cent average in 24 points of coursework comprising Level 4 or 5 units, with a minimum of 18 points core units of the Master of International Development in order to undertake the Research Design unit aligned with their specialisation;