Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
(2) Applicants with qualifications from overseas institutions where English is not the medium of instruction must provide evidence of English language competence, with applicants presenting with the IELTS Academic requiring an overall score of at least 7.0 with no sub-score less than 7.0.
4. To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—a bachelor's degree in Psychology, accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC), with a WAM of at least 70 percent in the Level 3 units of the degree, or equivalent as recognised by UWA.
Admission ranking and selection
(c) an interview in which eligible applicants will be assessed based on the personal qualities considered desirable in psychology practitioners, with invitation to attend the interview based on Rules 4, 5(a) and 5(b) and the interview quota for that year;
Articulations and exit awards
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
(3) Students who have completed a bachelor's honours degree in psychology with an upper second class Honours (2A), or an equivalent qualification as recognised by UWA are granted credit for conversion units up to a value of 24 points.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction