Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
(2) Applicants presenting with the TOEFL iBT require an overall score of at least 94, a miminum score of 27 in the Writing section, a miminum score of 23 in the Speaking section, and no other sub-score less than 24.
(2) Students must obtain a current National Police Certificate, National Criminal History Check or equivalent certification from country of residence, indicating no criminal conviction. The currency of a National Police Certificate or a National Criminal History Check is 12 months.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. A student who does not pass units to a value of at least half the total points value of units for which they are enrolled, or who fails the same unit twice, will not have made satisfactory progress.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
[Approved exception to University Policy]
(a) obtains a mark of 45 to 49 inclusive in any of the following units: PHYL5501/PHYL5511 Audiological Instrumentation Part 1/Part 2, PHYL5502/PHYL5512 Basic Clinical Audiology Part 1/Part 2, PHYL5510 Physiology of the Auditory System, PHYL5515 Hearing Devices and Adult Aural Rehabilitation;