Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 20350 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (48 points including up to 24 points of advanced standing points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Legal Practice course before completing it, but after completing the requirements of the Graduate Diploma, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
10. 10.(1) Part-time students, or those commencing mid-year, who fail to make satisfactory progress under Rule 8 in their first year of enrolment are assigned the progress status of 'On Probation' by the Faculty.
(2) Students other than those covered by (1) who fail to make satisfactory progress under Rule 8 are assigned the progress status of 'Excluded' unless the Faculty determines otherwise in light of exceptional circumstances.
. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.