Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 30240 Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership (articulated) (24 points)
- 30580 Master of Education (48 points)
- 31310 Graduate Diploma in Professional Education (24 points)
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
[Approved exception to University Policy]
14.(1) Except as set out in Rule 15, a student in the course by way of coursework may apply to transfer to the course by way of thesis and coursework if they achieve an average mark of at least 65 per cent in three coursework units including a mark of at least 65 per cent in EDUC5631 Approaches to Research.
(3) Except as set out in Rule 15, a student in the course by way of coursework may apply to transfer to the course by way of thesis and coursework if they achieve an average mark of at least 65 per cent in three coursework units including a mark of at least 65 per cent in EDUC5631 Approaches to Research.
Course for offshore students
(3) Subject to University Policy students in the course by way of coursework who have completed a graduate diploma which articulates with the course are credited with all units completed in the diploma course.
[(1) and (2) are approved exceptions to University Policy]