Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
(2) Exceptions to the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework may be considered provided the applicant satisfies additional admission requirements as set out in Rule 4(d) or 4(e), where relevant.
*Applicants who have a Bachelor's Degree with a major in accounting, or an equivalent qualification, are not eligible for admission.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 40610 Master of Professional Accounting (102 points)
- 41280 Graduate Certificate in Commerce (24 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Professional Accounting course before completing it, but after fulfilling the requirements of a lesser award in the above sequence, may apply for the relevant award.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
(3) Students seeking to re-enrol in the course after being assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' must submit, after a period of at least 12 months, sufficient reason to the Faculty, in writing, demonstrating why an improvement in performance could reasonably be expected.
(4) Students who have been assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' and are subsequently permitted by the Faculty to re-enrol are assigned a progress status of 'On Probation' and must meet any conditions determined by the Faculty.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
Alternative exit award
13. A student who withdraws from the course before completing the course requirements but after completing units to the value of 48 points for the Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the relevant qualification