Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 42330 Graduate Diploma in Economics (48 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Economics course before completing it, but completes units to the value of 48 points towards the Master of Economics, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Economics.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8.(1) Subject to (2), to make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal with academic penalty.
[Approved addition to University Policy]
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
(3) Students seeking to re-enrol in the course after being assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' must submit, after a period of at least 12 months, sufficient reason to the Faculty, in writing, demonstrating why an improvement in performance could reasonably be expected.
(4) Students who have been assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' and are subsequently permitted by the Faculty to re-enrol are assigned a progress status of 'On Probation' and must meet any conditions determined by the Faculty.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
(2) The time limit for a student who has previously completed the requirements for the Graduate Diploma in Economics, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty, is five years from the year in which the first unit was credited towards the master's course.