Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3.(1) To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
* GMAT scores are valid for five years.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 40260 Graduate Certificate in Social Impact (24 points)
- 41210 Graduate Certificate in Business (24 points)
- 41220 Graduate Certificate in Leadership (24 points)
- 41230 Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (24 points)
- 43200 Graduate Certificate in Minerals and Energy Management (24 points)
- 43520 Master of Business Administration (72 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Business Administration course before completing it, but after fulfilling the requirements of a lesser award in the above sequence, may apply for the relevant award.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8.(1) To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal without academic penalty.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
Requirements for applying for an articulated or alternative exit award
13. A student who withdraws from the course before completing the course requirements but after completing units to the value of 24 points for the Graduate Certificate in Business may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the qualification.
14.(1) The Faculty may grant credit towards the course up to a total value of 24 points for units completed in the Graduate Certificate in Business, Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Graduate Certificate in Leadership or Graduate Certificate in Social Impact of this University within the previous five years.
(2) For students who have not completed the Graduate Certificate in Business, Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Graduate Certificate in Leadership or Graduate Certificate in Social Impact of this University, the Faculty may grant credit towards the course for studies completed within the previous five years to a total value of 36 points.
[(b) and (c) are approved exceptions to University Policy]