Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 51240 Graduate Certificate in Science Communication (24 points)
- 51340 Graduate Diploma in Science Communication (48 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Science Communication course before completing it, but after completing 24 points excluding conversion units, with at least 12 points of core units, of which a minimum of 6 points must be degree core, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Science Communication.
(3) A student who withdraws from the Master of Science Communication course before completing it, eight units at level 4/5 four of which must be core, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Science Communication.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. A student who does not pass units to a value of at least half the total points value of units for which they are enrolled, or who fails the same unit twice, will not have made satisfactory progress.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction