Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 73210 Graduate Certificate in Ecotourism (24 points)
- 73310 Graduate Diploma in Ecotourism (48 points)
(2) A student who withdraws from the Master of Ecotourism course before completing it, but completes ENVT5506 Core Principles of Ecotourism and three other core units at Level 4 or Level 5, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Ecotourism.
(3) A student who withdraws from the Master of Ecotourism course before completing it, but completes ENVT5506 Core Principles of Ecotourism and ENVT5507 Ecotourism in Practice and six other units at Level 4 or Level 5, two of which must be core units, may apply to the Faculty to be awarded the Graduate Diploma in Ecotourism.
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8. A student who does not pass units to a value of at least half the total points value of units for which they are enrolled, or who fails the same unit twice, will not have made satisfactory progress.
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction