Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the http://www.governance.uwa.edu.au/procedures/policies/policies-and-procedures?method=document&id=UP16/5'>University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
4. To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—1 (a) a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
(e) written agreement by a suitable academic on the UWA Register of Supervisors as Coordinating Supervisor to supervise the project, and written approval from their Head of School or Head of Division, and
(f) if (d) and (e) are the same person, written agreement by a suitable academic on the UWA Register of Supervisors to co-supervise the project, and written agreement by their Head of School, Head of Division.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
[Approved addition to University Policy]
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
[Approved exception to University Policy]
Thesis submission and examination
1 The Graduate Research School administers the examination and classification of the thesis.
15. In exceptional circumstances, and on the recommendation of the Head of the Medical School and the Head of the School of Population and Global Health, the Faculty may permit a student to substitute another relevant unit of equivalent points value from an approved course of study at this or another recognised institution, for an optional coursework unit in the sequence.
16.(1) Students must have at least two suitable academic supervisors who provide at least 10% of the supervision each, are UWA staff, listed on the UWA Register of Supervisors, and approved by the relevant Head/s of School/s or Heads of Division.
(b)Coordinating Supervisor who is primarily responsible for the academic management of the student's program of candidature and ensuring that all administrative and reporting requirements of the supervision are met,
and if (a) and (b) are the same person - Principal and Coordinating Supervisor —