2. The Glossary provides an explanation of the terms used in these rules.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
3.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
4.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in an undergraduate degree course of the University for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module), Communication and Research Skills (the CARS module) and Indigenous Studies Essentials (the ISE module) in the teaching period in which they are first enrolled.
English Language competency requirements
5. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
6.(1) To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have a Bachelors Degree with relevant undergraduate major, or equivalent as recognised by UWA. Selection based on WAM potentially calculated on Level 3 units only will apply.
Admission ranking and selection
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) in one or more of the ACE module, the CARS module or the ISE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress.
(b) a student who does not make satisfactory progress under Rule 10(3) is assigned a progress status of 'On Probation' unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Excluded' for failure to make satisfactory progress under Rule 10(1) or (2).
12. Applicants are not normally permitted to defer admission to this course and are expected to commence their course in the offered intake only. Applicants seeking admission to an alternative intake must submit a new application for that intake.
Final honours classification
13. The final honours classification is awarded in accordance with the University Policy on: Assessment.