Note: This course is only available to re-enrolling students.
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module1.A(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in the rules for this course.
(4) A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of (3) is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation'.
Admission2. To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
(a) a bachelor's degree of this University, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(b) at least 12 months' relevant work experience.
Course structure3. The course consists of units to a total value of 72 to 78 points comprising—
(a) units to a value of at least 30 points from Group A in Table a (Master of Public Administration options);
(b) units to make up the remaining number of points required for the course from Group B and Group C1 in Table a (Master of Public Administration options).
1 Students are encouraged wherever possible to select an equal number of units from the units listed in each of Groups B and C in Table a (Master of Public Administration options).
Variations to course structure4. In exceptional circumstances, the Faculty may permit or require variations to the course structure described in Rule 3 but a student must complete at least one unit at each of the participating universities.
Credit5.(1) The Faculty may grant credit towards the course up to a total value of 36 points for studies completed within the previous five years.
[Approved addition to University Policy]
(2) Within the overall credit limit set out in (1), credit may be granted—
(a) to a maximum of 36 points for relevant studies completed in postgraduate courses at a recognised tertiary institution;
(b) to a maximum of 16 points for units completed through Continuing Education at this University.
[Approved exception to University Policy]
(3) The Faculty may, in special circumstances, approve an extension to the five-year limitation on credit.
Satisfactory progress6. To make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal with academic penalty.
Progress status7.(1) Part-time students, or those commencing mid-year, in their first year of enrolment who fail to make satisfactory progress are assigned the progress status of 'On Probation' by the Faculty.
(2) Students other than those covered by (1) who fail to make satisfactory progress are assigned the progress status of 'Excluded' unless the Faculty determines otherwise in light of exceptional circumstances.
Award of degree with distinction8. To be awarded the degree with distinction a student must achieve a course weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 80 per cent in—
(a) all units attempted as part of the course that are awarded a final percentage mark; and
(b) all relevant units undertaken in articulating courses of this University that are awarded a final percentage mark.