UWA's admission requirements for some postgraduate courses have changed for Semester 2, 2020 to facilitate student access to study during the COVID-19 situation. In many cases, these changes may not be extended beyond 2020. Contact Future Students for more information.
Graduate Diploma in Dental Public and Primary Health
This course is an appropriate program for those who wish to undertake an advanced study in dental public and primary health but who do not intend to pursue a specialist career in dental public health.
- Course title
- Graduate Diploma in Dental Public and Primary Health
- Award abbreviation
- Course code
- Course type
- postgraduate diploma
- current / 2020
- Administered by
- Faculty of Science
- CRICOS code
- Intake periods
- Beginning of year and mid-year
- Attendance type
- full- or part-time (Student visa holders should read Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 for more information.)
- Credit points required
A standard full-time load is 24 points per semester.
- Standard course duration
- 1 year
- Time limit
- 4 years
- Delivery mode
- Locations offered
- UWA (Perth)
- Domestic fee type
- Postgraduate fee-paying/FEE-HELP
- Available to international students
- Yes. For information on international student fees see 'Schedule 2: Fees'. (Enquiries: https://www.uwa.edu.au/askuwa)
- Course Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Estie Kruger
- Visit the fees calculator.
Prospective students should see the Future Students website for details on admission requirements, intake periods, fees, availability to international students, careers information etc.
|Key to availability of units:|
|S1 = Semester 1; S2 = Semester 2|
All units have a value of six points unless otherwise stated.
Take all units (48 points):
|Availability||Unitcode||Unitname||Unit requirements||Contact hours|
|S1||DENT5600||Principles of Dental Public Health||3 hours per week|
|S1||DENT5626||Oral Health Care Provision||3 hours per week|
|S1||DENT5627||Oral Health Promotion||3 hours per week|
|S2||DENT5628||Management and Financing of Oral Health Services||3 hours per week|
|S2||DENT5629||Research Methods in Dental Public and Primary Health||3 hours per week|
|S2||DENT5630||Dental Epidemiology||3 hours per week|
|S1, S2||PUBH4403||Epidemiology I||lectures: 2 hours per week; tutorials: 1 hour per week (for face-t- face mode only)|
|S2||PUBH5752||Health Systems and Economics||lectures/tutorials: 3 hours per week|
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Student Rules apply to students in this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 80330 Graduate Diploma in Dental Public and Primary Health (48 points)
- 80530 Master of Dental Public and Primary Health (96 points)
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
[Approved exceptions to University Policy]
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
[Approved exception to University Policy]