ACCT5521 Advanced Corporate Financial Accounting
- 6 points
If this unit does not have an online alternative, then students who are presently unable to enter Western Australia and whose studies would be delayed by an inability to complete this unit, should contact the unit coordinator (details given on this page) to ascertain, on an individual case-by-case basis, if alternate arrangements can be made to support their study in this unit.
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Predominantly face-to-face. On campus attendance required to complete this unit. May have accompanying resources online. Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Online timetabled 100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit includes some synchronous components, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times. Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Face to face Predominantly face-to-face. On campus attendance required to complete this unit. May have accompanying resources online. Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Online timetabled 100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit includes some synchronous components, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
- This is an advanced unit in corporate financial reporting. Current Australian practice is examined and integrated with broader theoretical perspectives, seeking to provide the student with a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of significant issues in the current corporate accounting environment.
- Students are able to (1) identify and apply complex accounting principles, standards and practices relating to companies including group accounting; (2) critically evaluate and solve advanced accounting problems; (3) demonstrate an ability to work in a diverse team to achieve team goals; and (4) demonstrate the ability to produce clear and concise written communication in a complex accounting context to accountants and non-accountants.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) online quizzes; (2) group presentation; and (3) tests. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Ms Collette Chesters (Semester 1 and Semester 2)
- Unit rules
- ACCT5511 Intermediate Corporate Financial Accounting
- Contact hours
- lectures/seminars/workshops: up to 3 hours per week
- Unit Outline
- Semester 1-2020 [SEM-1-2020]
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Unit readings, including any essential textbooks, are listed in the unit outline for each unit one week prior the commencement of study. The unit outline will be available via the LMS and the UWA Handbook. Reading lists and essential textbooks are subject to change each semester. Essential textbooks can be purchased from the commercial vendors to secure the best deal. The Student Guild can provide assistance on where to purchase books if required. Books can be purchased second hand at the Guild Secondhand bookshop (second floor, Guild Village), which is located on campus. Copies of textbooks and other readings will be made available for students to access from the Library, online wherever possible as well as in print.