ARTF1053 Fine Arts Studio: Space, Time & Beyond
- 6 points
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Level 1 core unit in the Fine Arts major sequence
- The area of knowledge for this unit is Design and Creative Arts
- Level 1 elective
- This unit is the second core Level 1 studio-based unit for students enrolled in the Fine Arts major and advances the foundational skills, knowledge and techniques introduced in the Semester 1 unit, Fine Arts Studio: Record, Visualise & Imagine. In this unit we focus on the fundamentals of Fine Arts practice by utilising mediums, methods and techniques that engage with the concepts of time, space and narrative. Students work with both traditional and new media technologies to create time-based art that responds to and engages with our rapidly changing world. This unit familiarises students with the core stages of producing and developing an art work including ideation, prototyping and final execution.
- Students are able to (1) communicate the practical and conceptual aspects of your creative work; (2) apply a range of basic technical skills in the making of art objects and time-based creative work; (3) demonstrate an expanded awareness of the creative possibilities of time-based mediums; (4) demonstrate development of the ability to critically reflect on your creative work; and (5) communicate information and ideas effectively in written, oral and creative modes.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) creative work; (2) written work; and (3) oral presentation(s). Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit except in the case of a bachelor's pass degree student who has obtained a mark of 45 to 49 overall and is currently enrolled in this unit, and it is the only remaining unit that the student must pass in order to complete their course.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Vladimir Todorovic
- Unit rules
- VISA1051 Art in the Environment
VISA1053 Video Art: Methods and Means
- Incidental fees
- Incidental student fees and charges are costs incurred by students as part of their studies at UWA that are in addition to their tuition fees (further information is available here or contact your Faculty Office).
Participation in this unit will incur the following incidental fee(s):(1) Studio Consumables (estimated cost - $75-$350 per semester)
(2) Digital media consumables (estimated cost - Up to $50 per semester).
- Contact hours
- Up to 4 hours per week.
- Enrolled students can access unit material via the LMS (Learning Management System).
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.