ARTF2054 Drawing, Painting & Print Studio
- 6 points
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Level 2 option in the Fine Arts major sequence
- The area of knowledge for this unit is Design and Creative Arts
- Category B broadening unit for students
- Level 2 elective
- This unit is open to students from all disciplines who wish to refine and advance their technical skills and knowledge in the fields of drawing, painting and printmedia. Students undertake intensive studio based workshops supported by online learning content, extending the foundational structures for developing independent sustainable work practices, critical conceptual processes and a confident and considered visual language. Students are encouraged to take a multidisciplinary and conceptually rigorous approach to drawing, painting and print, engaging ideas and methodologies from their other areas of study with a view to refining these interests and skills through specialisation in Level 3. This unit may involve working at off-campus locations so that students have the opportunity to learn ‘in situ'.
- Students are able to (1) demonstrate an understanding and application of the practices, languages, forms, materials, technologies and techniques in drawing, painting and printmedia; (2) develop concepts and processes by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively; (3) demonstrate technical competency in utilising a range of skills relevant to drawing, painting and printmedia; (4) explore the potential of a range of materials and processes used in drawing, painting and printmedia; and (5) communicate information, ideas and proposals effectively in written, oral and creative modes.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) creative work; (2) written work; and (3) oral presentation(s). Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit except in the case of a bachelor's pass degree student who has obtained a mark of 45 to 49 overall and is currently enrolled in this unit, and it is the only remaining unit that the student must pass in order to complete their course.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Andy Quilty
- Unit rules
- VISA2273 Art of Drawing—Advanced
- Incidental fees
- Incidental student fees and charges are costs incurred by students as part of their studies at UWA that are in addition to their tuition fees (further information is available here or contact your Faculty Office).
Participation in this unit will incur the following incidental fee(s):Fine Arts consumables (estimated cost - $75-$350).
- Contact hours
- Up to 5 hours per week
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.