ARTF3050 Advanced Major Project
- 12 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Level 3 core unit in the Fine Arts major sequence
- The area of knowledge for this unit is Design and Creative Arts
- Category B broadening unit for students
- Level 3 elective
- In this core capstone studio unit, students continue to strengthen their artistic, conceptual, technical and research skills as they work towards the development of a fully resolved and substantial portfolio of work. With support and guidance from their lecturers, students are expected to independently initiate and develop a self-directed project and/or body of work in their chosen field of practice. Additionally, students are expected to consolidate the methodological approaches and practices developed over their previous units of study as well as undertake self-reflexive, critical analysis of their own work. A portion of the weekly contact time for this unit will be devoted to the preparation and development of the exegesis. Work produced in this unit will be considered for inclusion in the Graduate Exhibition.
- Students are able to (1) discuss advanced knowledge of relevant techniques, concepts and contemporary contexts effectively in written and oral forms; (2) apply creative and critical processes to the development of ideas and creative outcomes through advanced analytical reflection on your independent art practice; (3) synthesise advanced technical, conceptual and contextual knowledge to generate a resolved body of independently created art; (4) implement practices for documenting and exhibiting creative work; and (5) synthesise critical and analytical thinking effectively in written, oral and creative modes.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: creative work. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit except in the case of a bachelor's pass degree student who has obtained a mark of 45 to 49 overall and is currently enrolled in this unit, and it is the only remaining unit that the student must pass in order to complete their course.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Vladimir Todorovic, Dr Ionat Zurr
- Unit rules
- One of ARTF3020 Advanced Film: immersive cinematic experiences, ARTF3030 Advanced Art and Biotechnologies,
ARTF3040 Advanced Art and Environment, VISA3050 Advanced Studio
- VISA3051 Advanced Major Project
- Incidental fees
- Incidental student fees and charges are costs incurred by students as part of their studies at UWA that are in addition to their tuition fees (further information is available here or contact your Faculty Office).
Participation in this unit will incur the following incidental fee(s):Fine Arts consumables (estimated cost - $75-$350).
- Contact hours
- Up to 8 hours per week
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.