BUSN5506 Business Research Project
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This supervised research project develops students' abilities to conduct a research project which addresses a specific research problem and to prepare a written academic report.
- Students are able to (1) develop a research question(s) for investigating a defined business problem; (2) conduct a review of academic literature related to a defined business problem; and (3) apply research methods to collect and analyse data related to a defined business problem.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: research thesis or report. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Nick Letch
- Unit rules
- approval by course coordinator
- Contact hours
- in consultation with a supervisor
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.