CITS5015 Data Science Research Project Part 2
- 6 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- In this unit students develop a final research project report supported by a seminar presentation and poster. The research project topic may be chosen from a list of topics provided by the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering or on a proposed topic relevant to Data Science and negotiated with the Project Supervisor. Students are expected to conduct qualitative research work or solve important data science research problems with certain research challenges.
- Students are able to (1) execute research investigations to answer the research questions; (2) valuate existing ideas, algorithms, methodologies or solutions answering the same or similar research questions; (3) justify the conclusions with systematic investigations and interpretations of results; and (4) communicate effectively in academic writing and oral presentation.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) research project proposal and literature review (submitted in Part 1); (2) seminar presentation and poster; and (3) final research project report. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Wei Liu
- Unit rules
- enrolment in the Master of Data Science (62530) and CITS5014 Data Science Research Project Part 1 or CITS5011 Data Science Research Project Part 1
- CITS5012 Data Science Research Project Part 2
- The Data Science Research Project consists of 12 credit points and comprises CITS5014 Data Science Research Project Part 1 and CITS5015 Data Science Research Project Part 2 that are taken over two consecutive semesters and must be completed to fulfil the requirements of the Data Science Research Project. Students can commence the units in either semester 1 or semester 2.
CITS5014 is Part 1 of the Master of Data Science Research Project and consists the completion of a research project proposal and literature review. After completing CITS5014 (Part 1), students are able to continue their assessment by enrolling and completing CITS5015 (Part 2) in their second semester of the project and includes the completion of a seminar presentation, a poster and a final research project report.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.