DENT5447 Comprehensive Clinical Care 7
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode First year of offer Not available in 2020 Oral Health Care Centre of WA (OHCWA) Face to face
- This unit will provide advanced clinical skills in integration of various dental specialties (Prosthodontics, Cariology, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Orthodontics, Endodontics, Oral Surgery, and Oral Medicine) in management and restoration of complex oral rehabilitation cases with various clinical placements (rotation 3) at the Oral Health Centre of Western Australia (OHCWA) clinics. This will also enable students to correctly diagnose and formulate treatment planning for restoring oral function using effective communication with patients to achieve comprehensive care patient management.
- Students are able to (1) establish a correct diagnosis and formulate proper treatment planning for restoring oral functions and communicate it to the patient and (2) provide appropriate clinical treatment for restoring the oral functions and maintaining oral health.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) clinical treatment planning for every patient and patient pool management
SLO 1,2 and (2) clinical assessment for every procedure (Failed Component)
SLO 1,2. Further information is available in the unit outline.
To pass this unit, a student must: (a) achieve an overall mark of 50 per cent or higher for the unit; and (b) achieve the requisite requirements(s) or a mark of 50 per cent or greater, whichever is higher and specified in the unit outline, for the clinical assessment for every procedure (Failed Component)
SLO 1,2 component.
Supplementary assessment is available in this unit. Supplementary assessment is available for students currently enrolled in the unit who obtain a mark of 45 to 49 overall and a mark of at least 45 in any Failed Component(s)
- Unit rules
- DENT5414 Developmental and behavioural sciences 4,
DENT5443 Comprehensive Clinical Care 3,
DENT5444 Comprehensive Clinical Care 4 and
DENT5445 Comprehensive Clinical Care 5
- DENT5415 Development and behavioural sciences 5, DENT5446 Comprehensive Clinical Care 6
DENT5448 Comprehensive Clinical Care 8
Approved quota: 56—50 domestic includes high academic achievement direct pathway 24 places, indigenous entry, rural 3 places and standard pathway graduate applicants 20 and 6 international.
- Contact hours
- Lecture slot 1 hour
Clinic slot 3 hours
Practical slot 3 hours
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.