DENT6908 Dento-Maxillofacial Radiology Clinical Practice I Part 2
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Non-standard teaching period Oral Health Care Centre of WA (OHCWA) Face to face Non-standard teaching period Oral Health Care Centre of WA (OHCWA) Face to face
- This is the first year clinical practice unit in Dento-Maxillofacial Radiology in the Doctor of Clinical Dentistry course. The unit is taken over two semesters and parts 1 and 2 must be completed to fulfill the requirements of the unit. The unit involves the comprehensive examination, diagnosis and management of patients that have been referred to the Oral Health Centre of Western Australia.
- Students are able to (1) analyse and choose the most appropriate type of radiographic examination and take the necessary radiographs; (2) evaluate and report on the radiographs taken, including recommendations for the clinician if appropriate; (3) display professional behaviour in the educational and clinical settings,; (4) discuss challenges to professionalism and reflect on professional behaviours in the clinical setting; (5) display critical and insightful self-reflection of their own personal values, wellbeing, personal difficulties and professional performance; and (6) respond to professionalism challenges and insightful self reflection by implementing effective management strategies.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) written assessment
; (2) ongoing clinical assessment
; (3) clinical logbook; and (4) professional behaviour assessment (failed component). Further information is available in the unit outline.
To pass this unit, a student must: (a) achieve an overall mark of 50 per cent or higher for the unit; and (b) achieve the requisite requirements(s) or a mark of 50 per cent or greater, whichever is higher and specified in the unit outline, for the professional behaviour assessment (failed component) component.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Associate Professor Johan Aps
- Unit rules
- DENT6907 Dento-Maxillofacial Radiology Clinical Practice I Part 1
- Contact hours
- Clinical teaching hours: 144 hours (3 sessions x 3 hours x 16 weeks) and 6 hours for instruction on clinical equipment.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.