IMED5417 Elective Remediation Unit
- 0 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit provides opportunity for students to remediate the clinical and professional assessment aspects of Integrated Medical Practice 2 and prepare for a supplementary clinical or professionalism assessment as required.
- Students are able to (1) display professional behaviour and exhibit insightful self-awareness and life long learning skills and implement effective management strategies when necssary; (2) display effective teamwork skills and collaboration with other health professionals and display a culturally secure approach to patients; (3) demonstrate appropriate bioscientific and clinical knowledge and skills including effective clinical communication, diagnosis and management planning; and (4) display appropriate use of information technology and information resources and apply evidence appropriately.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) tutor clinical and professional rating and (2) OSCE examination as required. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Tony Celenza
- Unit rules
- IMED4221 Integrated Medical Practice 1
- Contact hours
- 20 to 40 hours per week
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.