There are now 3 possible online modes for units:
Units with modes Online timetabled and Online flexible are available for any student to self-enrol and study online.
Units available in Online Restricted mode have been adapted for online study only for those students who require the unit to complete their studies and who are unable to attend campus owing to exceptional circumstances beyond their control. To be enrolled in a unit in Online Restricted mode, students should contact their Student Advising Office through askUWA
Click on an offering mode for more details.
This is a full-semester unit which enables students to undertake intensive language study at a university in Indonesia to develop their oral and written skills to a high level. It is offered as an alternative to any Indonesian language unit above the level of INDO2403 Indonesian 3 as well as ASIA3001 Indonesian Politics and Culture. The details of the academic program that students do at their host university in Indonesia depend on which units students choose to take. Besides taking language subjects, students normally study a range of regular non-language subjects offered by the host university in which the language of instruction is Indonesian. As well as enabling students to gain a high level of fluency in spoken and written Indonesian, the unit exposes students to a whole new world of experience. Living and studying independently in Indonesia for a semester helps students develop a range of invaluable life skills and cultural competencies.
- 24 points
Availability Location Mode Not available in 2023 Indonesia Face to face
- Details for undergraduate courses
- Level 2 elective
- Substitute unit for any four Level 2 units (24 points) for the Indonesian Studies major
Students are able to develop, through four months of intensive instruction in Indonesian language and culture, their oral and written skills to a high level and achieve a high level of familiarity with social norms, culture and language use in Indonesia, preparing them for a wide range of social and employment contexts.
Student may be offered supplementary assessment in this unit if they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Unit rules
- completion of one year of Indonesian language studies at this University or equivalent
- Incidental fees
- Incidental student fees and charges are costs incurred by students as part of their studies at UWA that are in addition to their tuition fees (further information is available here or contact your Faculty Office).
Participation in this unit will incur the following incidental fee(s):International field trip (estimated cost - Students make own arrangements).
- Contact hours
- determined by host university
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Unit readings, including any essential textbooks, are listed in the unit outline for each unit, one week prior the commencement of study. The unit outline will be available via the LMS and the UWA Handbook one week prior the commencement of study. Reading lists and essential textbooks are subject to change each semester. Information on essential textbooks will also be made available on the Essential Textbooks. This website is updated regularly in the lead up to semester so content may change. It is recommended that students purchase essential textbooks for convenience due to the frequency with which they will be required during the unit. A limited number of textbooks will be made available from the Library in print and will also be made available online wherever possible. Essential textbooks can be purchased from the commercial vendors to secure the best deal. The Student Guild can provide assistance on where to purchase books if required. Books can be purchased second hand at the Guild Secondhand bookshop (second floor, Guild Village), which is located on campus.
Face to face
Predominantly face-to-face. On campus attendance required to complete this unit. May have accompanying resources online.
100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit is asynchronous delivery, with NO requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
100% Online Unit. NO campus face-to-face attendance is required to complete this unit. All study requirements are online only. Unit includes some synchronous components, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times.
Not available for self-enrolment. Students access this mode by contacting their student office through AskUWA. 100% Online Unit.
NO campus face-to-face attendance. All study and assessment requirements are online only. Unit includes some timetabled activities, with a requirement for students to participate online at specific times. In exceptional cases (noted in the Handbook) students may be required to participate in face-to-face laboratory classes when a return to UWA’s Crawley campus becomes possible in order to be awarded a final grade.
No attendance or regular contact is required, and all study requirements are completed either via correspondence and/or online submission.
Regular attendance is not required, but student attends the institution face to face on an agreed schedule for purposes of supervision and/or instruction.
Multiple modes of delivery. Unit includes a mix of online and on-campus study requirements. On campus attendance for some activities is required to complete this unit.