- Master of Advanced Social Work (research) 
In these Rules, unless the context suggests otherwise—
the Board is the Board of the Graduate Research School and includes any position to which the Board has delegated authority for a particular function;
work means scholarly writing or, in the case of the creative arts and building sciences, may mean music composition or music recitals or exhibitions or recordings or scholarly documentation of exhibitions or recordings.
Applicability of the Master's Degrees by Research Rules for courses administered by the Board of the Graduate Research School and the University's Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The Master's Degrees by Research Rules for courses administered by the Board of the Graduate Research School apply to the Master of Advanced Social Work except as set out in the rules which follow.
(2) The Student Rules, policies and procedures apply except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
1.A(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
(2) A student who has previously achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module is not required to repeat the module.
(3) A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in the rules for this course.
(4) A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of (3) is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation'.
(a) completed the requirements for the Graduate Diploma in Advanced Social Work, or equivalent as recognised by the Faculty;
(b) at least two years' experience as a professionally qualified social worker.