EDUC5660 Education Studies
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Non-standard teaching period UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This unit provides the opportunity for investigation in a field not otherwise available during the semester. All unit proposals require the approval of the unit coordinator.
- Students are able to obtain a high level of understanding of an area of educational research.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) preliminary outline of Assessment 2 and (2) a 5000-word assignment on a topic agreed by the lecturer supervising the work and the student. Further information is available in the unit outline.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Tom O'Donoghue
- Unit rules
- Enrolment in Graduate Diploma in Professional Education 31310, Master of Education 30580, Master of Education (thesis and coursework) 31700, Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership (articulated) 30240, Master of Educational Leadership (coursework and dissertation) 30520 and the Master of Educational Leadership (thesis and coursework) 31650
- Contact hours
- reading and conference sessions: 25 hours
- A student may only enrol in this unit once.
Texts and recommended reading to be advised by the supervising lecturer.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.