IMED5812 Dissertation (full-time)
- 24 points
|Semester 1||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
|Semester 2||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This 24-point dissertation unit represents the equivalent of one semester of full-time study. The dissertation fosters the development of research skills in the area of health professional education while under supervision. It gives students practice and experience in defining a clear research question, preparing a formal research proposal, conducting a review of a body of scientific literature and formal writing at a professional standard.
- This comprises a 20,000-word project in a research area of the student's choice.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Sandra Carr
- Unit Outline
- Semester 1_2019 [SEM-1_2019]
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available at the University Co-operative Bookshop (from early January) and appropriate administrative offices for students to consult. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.