IMED5812 Dissertation (full-time)
- 24 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 1 UWA (Perth) Face to face Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Face to face
- This 24-point dissertation unit represents the equivalent of one semester of full-time study. The dissertation fosters the development of research skills in the area of health professional education while under supervision. It gives students practice and experience in defining a clear research question, preparing a formal research proposal, conducting a review of a body of scientific literature and formal writing at a professional standard.
- This comprises a 20,000-word project in a research area of the student's choice.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Professor Sandra Carr
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.