SRUR5311 Rural Specialisation—Research Project 1
- 6 points
|Not available in 2020||UWA (Perth)||Face to face|
- This unit delivers identical content and learning objectives to SMED5311 Research Project 1, but is based on a project with a rural service provider.
- Students are able to (1) defend their research proposal; (2) gather data to answer their research question/s; and (3) display professional behaviour.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) oral presentation; (2) progress report; and (3) professional behaviour and participation assessment. Further information is available in the unit outline.
To pass this unit, a student must: (a) achieve an overall mark of 50 per cent or higher for the unit; and (b) achieve the requisite requirements(s) or a mark of 50 per cent or greater, whichever is higher and specified in the unit outline, for the professional behaviour and participation assessment component.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Terri Pikora
- Unit rules
- SMED4221 Research Foundations Unit
SRUR4221 Rural Specialisation—Research Foundations Unit
- Contact hours
- variable but there is regular contact with project supervisor
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.