PSYC5515 Organisational Development and Change
- 6 points
Availability Location Mode Semester 2 UWA (Perth) Multi-mode Semester 2 Online Online
- This unit examines organisational change and development, and covers topics such as organisational development (OD) competencies, collecting and analysing diagnostic information, feeding back diagnostic information, dealing with resistance to organisational change, creating readiness for change and change management. Practical and theoretical approaches adopted by practitioners to improve organisational effectiveness are presented and discussed.
- Students are able to (1) demonstrate understanding of the major concepts, models and theories relevant to organisational development; (2) critically evaluate the usefulness of concepts, models or theories relating to organisational development for a variety of work settings and situations; and (3) confidently discuss how the major concepts, models and theories relevant to organisational development have been and could be applied in a particular work setting.
- Indicative assessments in this unit are as follows: (1) quizzes; (2) case analysis; (3) group assignment; and (4) attendance. Further information is available in the unit outline.
To pass this unit, a student must: (a) achieve an overall mark of 50 per cent or higher for the unit; and (b) achieve the requisite requirements(s) or a mark of 50 per cent or greater, whichever is higher and specified in the unit outline, for the attendance component.
Supplementary assessment is not available in this unit.
- Unit Coordinator(s)
- Dr Darja Kragt
- Unit rules
- Enrolment in 41680 Master of Commerce,
41660 Master of Human Resources and Employment Relations,
43550 Master of Commerce and Master of International Commercial Law,
52330 Graduate Diploma in Work Health and Safety,
74530 Master of Work Health and Safety,
62540 Master of Ocean Leadership (coursework),
(53580) Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology,
01880/54580 Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Industrial and Organisational Psychology,
73550 Master of Business Psychology,
73290 Graduate Certificate in Business Psychology
- Contact hours
- 3 hours per week for 12 weeks, mix of lectures & activities
Cummings, T.G., & Worley, C.G. (2015). Organization Development & Change (10th ed.). Stamford: Cengage Learning.
- The availability of units in Semester 1, 2, etc. was correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.
- All students are responsible for identifying when they need assistance to improve their academic learning, research, English language and numeracy skills; seeking out the services and resources available to help them; and applying what they learn. Students are encouraged to register for free online support through GETSmart; to help themselves to the extensive range of resources on UWA's STUDYSmarter website; and to participate in WRITESmart and (ma+hs)Smart drop-ins and workshops.
- Books and other material wherever listed may be subject to change. Book lists relating to 'Preliminary reading', 'Recommended reading' and 'Textbooks' are, in most cases, available via the Booktopia Textbook Finder, which has the functionality to search by course code, course, ISBN and title, and may also be posted or available at the appropriate school's administrative offices. Where texts are listed in the unit description above, an asterisk (*) indicates that the book is available in paperback.