Graduate Certificate in Social Impact
This course is designed for senior, middle and emerging management in the not-for-profit or 'community benefit' sector. The units have been formulated specifically for this course.
- Course title
- Graduate Certificate in Social Impact
- Award abbreviation
- Course code
- Course type
- postgraduate certificate
- current / 2020
- Administered by
- Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education
- Intake periods
- Beginning of year and mid-year
- Attendance type
- part-time only
- Credit points required
A standard full-time load is 24 points per semester.
- Standard course duration
- Only available part-time
- Time limit
- 2 years
- Delivery mode
- Locations offered
- UWA (Perth)
- Domestic fee type
- Postgraduate fee-paying/FEE-HELP
- Course Coordinator(s)
- Professor Paul Flatau
- Visit the fees calculator.
Prospective students should see the Future Students website for details on admission requirements, intake periods, fees, availability to international students, careers information etc.
|Key to availability of units:|
|T1 = Trimester 1; T2 = Trimester 2; NS = non-standard teaching period|
All units have a value of six points unless otherwise stated.
Take all units (24 points):
|Availability||Unitcode||Unitname||Unit requirements||Contact hours|
|T2||MGMT5514||Demonstrating Social Impact||lectures/seminars/workshops: 4 sessions (7–8 hours each) and 2 sessions (3 hours each)|
|T1||MGMT5516||Social Impact: Entrepreneurs and Social Innovation|
|NS||MGMT5517||Leadership for Social Impact||lectures/seminars/workshops: 5 sessions (7–8 hours each)|
|NS||MGMT5518||Social Investment and Philanthropy||lectures/seminars/workshops: 5 sessions (7–8 hours each)|
Applicability of the Student Rules, policies and procedures
1.(1) The http://handbooks.uwa.edu.au/postgraduate/student-procedures'>student procedures apply, except as otherwise indicated in the rules for this course.
Academic Conduct Essentials module
2.(1) Except as stated in (2), a student who enrols in this course for the first time irrespective of whether they have previously been enrolled in another course of the University, must undertake the Academic Conduct Essentials module (the ACE module).
English Language competency requirements
3. To be considered eligible for consideration for admission to this course an applicant must satisfy the University's English language competence requirement as set out in the University Policy on Admission: Coursework.
Admission ranking and selection
Articulations and exit awards
- 40260 Graduate Certificate in Social Impact (24 points)
- 42520 Master of Business Administration (72 points)
(2) Units must be selected in accordance with the course structure, as set out in these rules.
8.(1) Subject to (2), to make satisfactory progress in a calendar year a student must pass units to a value of at least half the total value of units in which they remain enrolled after the final date for withdrawal with academic penalty.
[(2) is an approved exception to University Policy]
9. A student who has not achieved a result of Ungraded Pass (UP) for the ACE module when their progress status is assessed will not have made satisfactory progress even if they have met the other requirements for satisfactory progress in Rule 8.
11. A student who does not make satisfactory progress in terms of Rule 9 is assigned the progress status of 'On Probation', unless they have been assigned a progress status of 'Suspended' or 'Excluded' for failure to meet other satisfactory progress requirements in Rule 8.
Award with distinction
[Approved exception to University Policy]